5 Days Residential Yoga/Meditation Retreat Kathmandu
The purpose of yoga and meditation retreat is to give a different experience in short time for people with busy and hectic life. In modern time, life is becoming complicated and people are stressful and tired of thinking so many things at a time. This retreat is designed specially to help them get relief by proven yogic techniques.
b. The Program Schedule
- 8 am: Yoga Postures (Pranayama and Mudra practices)
- 9.30 am: Breakfast
- 11.00 am: Philosophy Class/ Meditation
- 1.00 pm: Lunch Break/Rest
- 4.00 pm: Yoga Nidra
- 4.30 pm: Tea Break
- 5.00 pm: Mindfulness, Third Eye & Chakra Meditation
- 6.00 pm: Bhajan, Kirtan, Musical time
Note: Every alternate day, after breakfast, the participants will be taken to hiking in different energy centers in Kathmandu such as monastery, temple or natural places for effortless meditation.
- Food, lodging & transportation
d. Program Schedule for 2019 and 2020
- March 11 – 15
- June 3rd – 7th
- September 2nd – 6th
Note: Classes are scheduled to run Monday to Friday.
e. Yoga Method (Philosophy part)
- Introduction to yoga
- Yoga History
- Effect of yoga on body and mind
- Kind of yoga
- Information about eastern Hindu culture and philosophy
- Some useful tips for good health
- General notes for yoga practioner
- Method of healthy living
f. Yoga Method (Practical Part)
- Worming up through yogic dance
- Mobility yoga to joint, spinal cord, digestive, chest and energy block group.
- Pre- posture
- 36 Basic yogasana (yoga posture)
- Meditation and Mudras (Passive and Dynamic meditation)
- Pranayama (Breathing art)
- Yoga Relaxation
- Yogic cleansing (Yogic Kriya)
- Chanting / Laughing / Walking meditation
- Yoga to therapeutic (stress relief, high blood pressure, back pain cervical)
g. Some important details
- Asanas: Through adoption of appropriate asanas (postures), toxins are removed from the body. This ensures purification of blood, leading to better health.
- Pranayama (Breathing art): Through correct practice of 5-7 kinds of breathing techniques, the condition of one’s respiratory system will improve. The mind and the body, both are energized by pranayama illness related to the respiratory tract and other parts of the body too can be cured.
- Dhyaan (Meditation): Attending peace of mind is the prime aim of Dhyaan (Meditation). Twenty minutes of meditation practiced daily, can bring peace and tranquility and expel negative emotions from the mind. By stopping the waves of thought you come to understand your true nature and discover the wisdom and tranquility that lie down.
- Yoga cleansing: This consists of six cleansing methods which will purify the body physically, mentally and spiritually.
- Relaxation: Yoga Nidra (relaxation) means with trace of awareness. It is a state of mind in between wakefulness and dream. In relaxation the nature of mind can be changed, diseases can be cured and creative genius can be restored. Relaxation is psychic sleep. It is state of mind in which the mind and body relax but the consciousness remains active.
h. Class instructor
Yogi Ananda (Dr. Chetnath Adhikari)
Founder of Yoga- Reiki and Nature Care Foundation Kathmandu, NEPAL. Dr. yogi has published three books on yoga health and mind technology. Furthermore his meditation and relaxation classes are made on audio cassette also. In his clinic he is an instructor of yoga, master of Reiki and a doctor of Naturopathy. Through the yoga clinic he hopes to benefit those patients suffering from ailments such as depression, anxiety, arthritis, high blood pressure, sugar, back pain, servical spondylitis and other chronic diseases. In an effort to reach a wider audience, his classes are broadcast thrice a week on channel Nepal Television 2003-2005 and also in china his yoga classes were broadcasted on Jilin Live TV, the whole year of 2008 every day in the morning. He has also instructed programme in Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Lhasa (Tibet 8 months) and China( one year). Furthermore, he gives teacher training courses on yoga and therapeutic yoga (treatment based) to those who express interest.
(If you want to organize this seminar at any country and place we can organize as per your request.)